Optionen der Internationalisierung: Motive ausländischer Direktinvestitionen in einem neuen Licht
[Options of internationalisation: motives for foreign direct invetsment in a new light]
AbstractThe application of theorectical option pricing evaluation procedures for the analysis of real investment decisions indicates a new trend in the classical theory of investment and finance. In this regard, the formative term of the real option approach subsumes three basic attributes of investment decisions: irreversibility, operational flexibility and uncertainty, and brings them together in an economically quantifiable context. The reseach focus aims at applying the methodology to the existing theory of foreign direct investment (FDI). This also comprises the attempt to reason the heterogenity concerning the choice of market cultivation as well as market entry strategies and the therewith affiliated location decisions of multinational enterprises in an economically rational manner.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21539.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
internationalisation; foreign direct investment; real option approach;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Peter J Buckley & Mark C Casson, 1998. "Models of the Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(1), pages 21-44, March.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael & Lukas, Elmar, 2002. "The New Agenda for FDI: Evidence from South Korea and Germany," MPRA Paper 17970, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.