A Best evidence synthesis on the link between budgetary participation and managerial performance
AbstractBy using the best evidence synthesis (Slavin, 1995), we want to find out an accurate synthesis on the budgetary participation -BP- and managerial performance-PM- link. The use of criteria of selection has allowed to decrease the heterogeneity. The results explain the presence of the heterogeneity by cultural and industrial contengencies. The best evidence synthesis based on an homogeneous subgroup (managers in publicly traded firms in Taiwan Stock Exchange) shows a time dependency of BP-MP link and some recommandations for further research: 1/to continue the study of the traded firms in Taiwan Stock Exchange to analyse the causal BP-PM link with a Granger test, 2/to study the evolution of this link over time in other countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20924.
Date of creation: 23 Feb 2010
Date of revision:
best evidence synthesis; subgroup analysis; managerial performance; budgetary participation; management control;
Other versions of this item:
- A.B. Bonache & J. Maurice, 2010. "A Best Evidence Synthesis On The Link Between Budgetary Participation And Managerial Performance," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(2(12)/Sum), pages 34-47.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "A best evidence synthesis on the link between budgetary participation and managerial performance," Post-Print hal-00736237, HAL.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "A Best Evidence Synthesis on the Link Between Budgetary Participation and Managerial Performance," Working Papers FARGO 1101002, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lau, Chong M. & Low, Liang C. & Eggleton, Ian R. C., 1995. "The impact of reliance on accounting performance measures on job-related tension and managerial performance: Additional evidence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 359-381, July.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Moris Karen & Irène Georgescu, 2009.
"Enseignements D'Une Meta-Analyse Sur Le Lien Participation Budgetaire-Performance Manageriale,"
- Bonache, Adrien & Maurice, Jonathan & Georgescu, Irène, 2009.
"Enseignement d'une meta-analyse sur le lien participation budgétaire-performance managériale
[Lesson from Meta-analysis for the relation between budgetary participation and managerial performance," MPRA Paper 12958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "Participation budgétaire et performance managériale:Une combinaison de méta-analyses -Budgetary participation and managerial performance:A combination of meta-analyses," Working Papers FARGO 1101001, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- Bonache, Adrien & Maurice, Jonathan & Georgescu, Irène, 2009. "Enseignement d'une meta-analyse sur le lien participation budgétaire-performance managériale
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.