سياسات تنمية الصناعات الصغيرة والمتوسطة فى الدول العربية
[Policies develop small and medium industries in the Arab countries]
AbstractSmall and medium industries and the issue of development of these industries is a highly important to the economic decision-makers in all developed and developing countries, particularly Arab nations. These industries play a pivotal role in economic and social development. The importance of small and medium industries comes in its ability to generate jobs at high rates, in addition to low cost of capital. And thereby contribute to addressing the problem of unemployment in most Arab countries. And small and medium industries have strong backward and forward linkages with large industries. They also contribute to increase income and diversify, increasing local value added, as it excels in the efficient use of capital. The aim of this research to recommend the most important policies, which is required in order to develop small and medium enterprises in the Arab countries
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20839.
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
small and medium industries ; the Arab countries;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alasrag, Hussien, 2007. "The Future of SMEs in Egyptian Economy," MPRA Paper 1856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt, 2007.
"Small and Medium Enterprises Across the Globe,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 415-434, December.
- Hussien, ALASRAG, 2006. "Enhancing Competitiveness For Smes In The Arab Countries," MPRA Paper 4110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.