System emerytalny w Bułgarii
[Pension system in Bulgaria]
AbstractThe article presents an insight into the old age pension system in Bulgaria. The introduction is followed by four topic paragraphs: 1. the general information about the country, 2. the historical development of its pension system, 3. the present situation, and 4. challenges and foreseen changes. There, the author’s goal was to present both past and present solutions employed by the Bulgarian pension system, in search for ideas worth consideration in international comparisons. In the summary, the author highlights as a particular Bulgarian approach, on the background of other countries, the fact of existing in the Bulgarian reality the solution of diversification of pension contribution according to conditions of working, especially arduous, unhealthy, or hazardous occupation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20449.
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision:
old age pension system; Bulgaria; retirement; pension reforms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Private Pensions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Whitehouse, Edward, 2007.
"Pensions panorama: retirement-income systems in 53 countries,"
14797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Whitehouse, 2007. "Pensions Panorama : Retirement-Income Systems in 53 Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7177.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.