The Export Performance of the Euro Area countries in the period 1996-2007
AbstractThis paper studies the export performance of the Euro Area and the majority of the Euro Area countries through a Constant Market Share Analysis. We keep a special focus on the three largest countries: Germany, France and Italy. The Constant Market Share Analysis provides a breakdown of an economy’s export performance into the separate components that are due to a Structure Effect, resulting from the product and destination market of its exports, and a broad Competitiveness Effect which is a residual category assumed to capture both price and non-price competitiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20263.
Date of creation: Jul 2009
Date of revision:
Constant Market Share Analysis; Export Performance; Specialization; Competitiveness; Euro Area.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheptea, Angela, 2012.
"Who gains and who loses from China’s growth?,"
131st Seminar, September 18-19, 2012, Prague, Czech Republic
135788, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Angela Cheptea, 2012. "Who gains and who loses from China’s growth?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 12-03, INRA UMR SMART.
- Cheptea, Angela, 2011. "Who Gains and Who Loses from China's Growth?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114299, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fontoura, Maria P. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Trade Performance of the Less Developed African Countries," MPRA Paper 49193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.