Un impulso al mercado de rentas vitalicias en España
[Promoting the annuities market in Spain]
AbstractThis paper is aimed to answer a set of questions through an examination of the literature and empirical evidence on annuities. Every section of the paper try to address one specific question, naming: How important is the ageing problem in the world? How is social security being replaced or complemented by savings? What financial products provide financial safety for the elderly? Why the annuities market is so thin? Why the annuities market only develop when there is a mandate to annuitisize? How is Spanish annuity market organized? What regulatory issues are to be develop in order to expand the instrument? What reforms can be instrumented in Spain to expand the market?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20211.
Date of creation: Jul 2008
Date of revision: Jul 2008
annuities; aging; Spain; social security; insurance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. A. Mackenzie, 2002. "The Role of Private Sector Annuities Markets in an Individual Accounts Reform of a Public Pension Plan," IMF Working Papers 02/161, International Monetary Fund.
- Thomas Davidoff & Jeffrey R. Brown & Peter A. Diamond, 2003.
"Annuities and Individual Welfare,"
NBER Working Papers
9714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & James M. Poterba, 2004. "Household Demand for Variable Annuities," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2004-8, Center for Retirement Research, revised Mar 2004.
- E. Philip Davis, 2002. "Issues in the Regulation of Annuities Markets," CeRP Working Papers 26, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Estelle James & Xue Song, 2001. "Annuities Markets Around the World: Money’s Worth and Risk Intermediation," CeRP Working Papers 16, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Ivica Dus & Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2003.
"Betting on Death and Capital Markets in Retirement: A Shortfall Risk Analysis of Life Annuities versus Phased Withdrawal Plans,"
wp063, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Dus, Ivica & Maurer, Raimond H. & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2004. "Betting on death and capital markets in retirement: A shortfall risk analysis of life annuities versus phased withdrawal plans," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/01, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Rocha, Roberto & Morales, Marco & Thorburn, Craig, 2006.
"An empirical analysis of the annuity rate in Chile,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3929, The World Bank.
- Rocha, Roberto & Morales, Marco & Thorburn, Craig, 2008. "An empirical analysis of the annuity rate in Chile," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 95-119, March.
- Tim Callen & Warwick J. McKibbin & Nicoletta Batini, 2006. "The Global Impact of Demographic Change," IMF Working Papers 06/9, International Monetary Fund.
- Irena Dushi & Anthony Webb, 2004. "Annuitization: Keeping Your Options Open," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2004-4, Center for Retirement Research, revised Mar 2004.
- Thorburn, Craig & Rocha, Roberto & Morales, Marco, 2007.
"An analysis of money's worth ratios in Chile,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 287-312, November.
- Pablo Antolín, 2007.
"Longevity Risk and Private Pensions,"
OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions
3, OECD Publishing.
- Edward R. Whitehouse, 2007. "Life-Expectancy Risk and Pensions: Who Bears the Burden?," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 60, OECD Publishing.
- Allison Schrager & G. A. Mackenzie, 2004. "Can The Private Annuity Market Provide Secure Retirement Income?," IMF Working Papers 04/230, International Monetary Fund.
- Fiona Stewart, 2007. "Policy Issues for Developing Annuities Markets," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 2, OECD Publishing.
- Joan Costa i Font & Joan Gil & Oscar Mascarilla Miró, . "Preferencias de la población ante la financiación de la dependéncia: La hipoteca inversa en España," Studies on the Spanish Economy 230, FEDEA.
- Olivia S Mitchell & John Piggott & Michael Sherris & Shaun Yow, 2006.
"Financial Innovation for an Ageing World,"
RBA Annual Conference Volume,
in: Christopher Kent & Anna Park & Daniel Rees (ed.), Demography and Financial Markets
Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Wolfram Horneff & Raimond Maurer & Olivia Mitchell & Ivica Dus, 2006.
"Optimizing the Retirement Portfolio: Asset Allocation, Annuitization, and Risk Aversion,"
wp124, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Wolfram J. Horneff & Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ivica Dus, 2006. "Optimizing the Retirement Portfolio: Asset Allocation, Annuitization, and Risk Aversion," NBER Working Papers 12392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Annuity markets and retirement security," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 22(3), pages 249-270., September.
- Indermit S. Gill & Truman G. Packard & Juan Yermo & Todd Pugatch, 2004. "Keeping the Promise of Old Age Income Security in Latin America," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10349, The World Bank.
- Alain Jousten, 2007. "Public Pension Reform: A Primer," IMF Working Papers 07/28, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.