Allocation rules for museum pass programs
AbstractWe consider natural axioms for allocating the income of museum pass programs. Two allocation rules are characterized and are shown to coincide with the Shapley value and the equal division solution of the associated TU-game introduced by Ginsburgh and Zang (2003).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20103.
Date of creation: 09 Dec 2009
Date of revision:
Museum pass program; fair treatment; Shapley value; equal division solution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-01-23 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2010-01-23 (Game Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GINSBURGH, Victor & ZANG, Israel, .
"The museum pass game and its value,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1615, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GINSBURGH, Victor & ZANG, Israël, 2002. "The museum pass game and its value," CORE Discussion Papers 2002041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Victor Ginsburgh & ISRAEL Zang, 2003. "The museum pass game and its value," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1683, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- van den Brink, Rene, 2007. "Null or nullifying players: The difference between the Shapley value and equal division solutions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 767-775, September.
- Victor Ginsburgh & ISRAEL Zang, 2001. "Sharing the Income of a Museum Pass Program," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/99272, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.