Herbert Simon y la economía organizacional
[Herbert Simon and the organizational economic]
AbstractThis article evaluates Herbert A. Simon’s contribution to organization theory, placing special emphasis on the criterion of bounded rationality. Simon’s criticism of the orthodox version of organizational bureaucracy is interpreted and his analysis is extended to institutional economics. One of Simon’s main achievements in organizational theory consisted of analytically evaluating the psychology of individual and collective behaviour, thereby opening up the way for future investigation by D. Kahneman and T. Schelling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20071.
Date of creation: 17 Sep 2006
Date of revision: 10 Jan 2007
Publication status: Published in Cuadernos de Economía 46.XXIV(2007): pp. 67-85
Herbert A. Simon; organization; limited rationality; decision theory; institutional economics;
Other versions of this item:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- D79 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Other
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon, Herbert A., 2000. "Barriers and bounds to Rationality," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 243-253, July.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2012. "Asymmetric information and financial markets," MPRA Paper 39025, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011. "Financial crises, asymmetric information and argumentation," MPRA Paper 35080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010.
"Información y persuasión en los mercados financieros
[Information and persuasion in financial markets]," MPRA Paper 20158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010.
"Theory of argumentation in financial markets,"
21824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.