A general model of oligopoly endogenizing Cournot, Bertrand, Stackelberg, and Allaz-Vila
AbstractThis paper analyzes a T-stage model of oligopoly where firms build up capacity and conclude forward sales in stages t
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19998.
Date of creation: 13 Jan 2010
Date of revision:
forward sales; capacity precommitment; Cournot; Stackelberg; Bertrand;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-01-23 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2010-01-23 (Industrial Competition)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, Andrew, 1993. "Trading Forward in an Imperfect Market: The Case of Electricity in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(417), pages 444-53, March.
- Novshek, William, 1980. "Equilibrium in simple spatial (or differentiated product) models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 313-326, April.
- Ferreira, Jose Luis, 2003.
"Strategic interaction between futures and spot markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 141-151, January.
- Ferreira, José Luis, . "Strategic interaction between futures and spot markets," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/7273, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1999. "Quantity-setting oligopoly with endogenous sequencing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 289-296, February.
- Robson, Arthur J, 1990. "Duopoly with Endogenous Strategic Timing: Stackelberg Regained," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 263-74, May.
- Pal, Debashis, 1991. "Cournot duopoly with two production periods and cost differentials," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 441-448, December.
- Matti Liski & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2004.
"Forward trading and collusion in oligopoly,"
0412, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Pal, Debashis, 1996. "Endogenous Stackelberg Equilibria with Identical Firms," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 81-94, January.
- Mahenc, P. & Salanie, F., 2004.
"Softening competition through forward trading,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 282-293, June.
- Mahenc, Philippe & Salanié, François, 2004. "Softening Competition through Forward Trading," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Saloner, Garth, 1987. "Cournot duopoly with two production periods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 183-187, June.
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988.
"Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria,"
88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990. "Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Romano, Richard & Yildirim, Huseyin, 2005. "On the endogeneity of Cournot-Nash and Stackelberg equilibria: games of accumulation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 73-107, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.