An empirical analysis on the impact of the development of the financial system upon the economic growth. The case of Romania and of the other states members of the European Union
AbstractThis paper outlines the existing connection between the development of the financial system and the economic growth of an economy. Along the time, many authors have tried to bring empirical prove that this connection exists on the long term, and it is very strong especially for the developing countries being explained through the channel of investment and productivity. Beside giving the theoretical arguments for this connection, the authors make an empirical analysis using pool data regressions, taking into consideration the old member states and the new member states of the European Union, with a special focus on the Romanian case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19877.
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2010-01-16 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-TRA-2010-01-16 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1988.
"Financial Intermediation And Endogenous Growth,"
RCER Working Papers
124, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 2006. "Finance and economic development : policy choices for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3955, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.