Internet Marketing in Cultural Industries: from movie to arts
AbstractMarketing skills have been developed by firms of several cultural industries for more than three decades. From movie companies to performing arts, from museums to art fairs, every stakeholder has adopted and is going to implement innovative communication strategies. Digital advertising and e-fundraising might represent the boundaries of the present and the future of cultural promotion. First of all we will explore the impact of Information and Communication Technologies in the Cultural (creative) industries, particularly referring to the benefits of visibility and improvements in communication strategies. Then we will give evidence of the impact of ICT in the movie industry, whose budget are mainly conspicuous and today targeted to the Digital Movie, above all the USA Digital Movie. Performing arts seem to be theatrical arts not subject to digital transformation, neither in contents nor in media. Italian Symphony Orchestras do really show a meaningful trend in ICT and digital marketing development. The final research’s goal is to produce a sort of classification of innovative marketing activities in the creative market, based on homogeneous elements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19825.
Date of creation: 07 Jan 2010
Date of revision:
marketing; internet; digital; movie; orchestra;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-01-23 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2010-01-23 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-MKT-2010-01-23 (Marketing)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.