Patent Protection with Licensing
AbstractThis note gives a short proof that both fixed-fee and royalty licensing under patent protection can always create higher R&D investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19438.
Date of creation: 19 Dec 2009
Date of revision:
R&D investment; Patent protection; Licensing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-IND-2010-01-16 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-IPR-2010-01-16 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-TID-2010-01-16 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2005.
"Patents and R & D: The tournament effect,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
05-05, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Rockett, Katharine, 1990. "The quality of licensed technology," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 559-574, December.
- Wang, X. Henry, 1998. "Fee versus royalty licensing in a Cournot duopoly model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 55-62, July.
- Che, Xiaogang & Yang, Yibai, 2009. "Patent Protection with Cooperative R&D Option," MPRA Paper 19436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.