Interpreting the Demand for Koshala State in Orissa: Development versus Underdevelopment
AbstractThis paper examines the rising demand for Koshala state in Orissa and looks for factors responsible for it. It found that the issue of underdevelopment and state apathy-cum-failures in addressing the same has been the single most important factor contributed for the demand for Koshala state. The study prescribes suitable policies for Orissa government to adopt to contain the demand for this new state.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19345.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Koshala Region; Coastal Region; Development; Underdevelopment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amita Shah, 2008. "Patterns, Processes of Reproduction, and Policy Imperatives for Poverty in Remote Rural Areas: A Case Study of Southern Orissa in India," Working Papers id:1656, eSocialSciences.
- Amita Shah & Saroj Kumar Nayak & Bipin Das, 2010. "Remoteness and Chronic Poverty in a Forest Region of Southern Orissa: A Tale of Entitlement Failure and State Apathy," Working Papers id:3034, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.