A Review of Turkish Natural Gas Distribution Market
AbstractIn Turkey, natural gas consumption started at 0.5 bcm (billion cubic meters) in 1987 and reached approximately 35 bcm in 2007. Turkish natural gas usage is projected to further increase remarkably in coming years. In 2001, a reform process was started to create and strengthen a competitive natural gas market. However, the reform has not worked out as expected so far. The present article discusses the application of auctions in Turkish natural gas distribution zones. After presenting a short summary of current literature, natural gas utilization and recent developments in Turkish natural gas market, we draw attention to our main focus, namely city natural gas tenders. Having described the tenders, we present problems associated with them. In the end, we touch upon some regulatory issues and provide some suggestions for improvement.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19088.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2.14(2010): pp. 806-813
Natural gas distribution; Auction; Turkey;
Other versions of this item:
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2010. "A review of Turkish natural gas distribution market," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 806-813, February.
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-01-16 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2010-01-16 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2010-01-16 (Energy Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helm, D., 2003. "Auctions and Energy Networks1," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 21-25, March.
- Anatoliy G. Goncharuk, 2014. "Losers and Beneficiaries from the Growth of Natural Gas Prices," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 3(2), pages 117-126.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.