Empirical Approaches About the Input-Output Model for the Local Economic Development: Case Study in Braila Municipality
AbstractThe paper aims to approach, in an empirical way, the issue of local economic development, using the input-output model. Complementary to other ways of approaching the local economic development, the input-output model offers an integrated overview of the influence and impact held by moreover complex requirements of local communities on global production, which represents the result of various activities, services or local industries. The example, described and analysed in details for Braila Municipality is oriented towards the development of public utility services, considered as major vectors of the social comfort, imposed by local communities' development in consensus with European standards. In this context, this empirical analysis refers especially to the multiplying effects of some activities or services within local economic development, as well as studies of impact and forecast on short or medium term. The study that we have developed by means of the current paper may be extended on condition of existence of more relevant and comprehensive data
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18907.
Date of creation: 15 Jun 2007
Date of revision: 10 Aug 2009
local economic development; input-output model; multipliers; impact; forecast;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matei, Lucica & Matei, Ani, 2010. "The Economic and Social Impact of Public Administration Europeanization," MPRA Paper 24267, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matei, Ani & Savulescu, Carmen, 2009. "The Impact of Reducing the Administrative Costs on the Efficiency in the Public Sector," MPRA Paper 19018, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Nov 2009.
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2010.
"Local Employment Policies in the Context of the Economic Crisis - Influences of the European Community Structural Instruments,"
149, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
- Matei, Lucica & Matei, Ani, 2010. "Local employment policies in the context of the economic crisis:Influences of the European Community structural instruments," MPRA Paper 23086, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 May 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.