Tax polici in new EU members: Estonia and othr Baltic states
AbstractThe paper discusses the fiscal systems of Estonia, Latvi nd Lituania. Quentitative data and instuutionale features are given for the main taxes, and their development since the transition of the early 1990s. Recent tax reforms as well as that planned are examinated together with suggestion for the improvments of Baltics Tax systems
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18158.
Date of creation: 10 Oct 2004
Date of revision:
Tax Systems Tax Reforms Baltic Countries;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitra, Pradeep & Stern, Nicholas, 2003. "Tax systems in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2947, The World Bank.
- Philippe Aghion & Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1994. "On the Speed of Transition Central Europe," NBER Working Papers 4736, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Pautola-Mol, Niina, 2002. "Integration of the Baltic States into the EU and Institutions of Fiscal Convergence," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2002, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- George C. Tsibouris & Vito Tanzi, 2000. "Fiscal Reform Over Ten Years of Transition," IMF Working Papers 00/113, International Monetary Fund.
- Aghion, P. & Blanchard, O.J., 1993.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
93-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Heikki Oksanen, 2001. "A Case for Partial Funding of Pensions with an Application to the EU Candidate Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 466, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heikki Oksanen, 2001. "A case for partial funding of pensions with an application to the EU Candidate Countries," European Economy - Economic Papers 149, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- repec:fth:eeccco:149 is not listed on IDEAS
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "The Baltics: Medium-Term Fiscal Issues Related to EU and NATO Accession," IMF Staff Country Reports 02/07, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.