Indian Industrialisation, Multinational Enterprises and Gains from Trade
AbstractIntra-foreign direct investment flows indicate an intensive specialization effect within the various domestic branches of the international economy combined with an increasing expansion of the differentiated product sortiments of the world's multinational firms. Rationalisation of operations on a world basis allows firms to achieve increased economies of scale through international division of production. Applying a revealed preference argumentation a simple two-good, two-factor, two-country model including the empirically observed price-cost margin distortions in Indian manufacturing industries is formulated in the following in which the effects of multinational enterprises upon tbe gains-from-trade theorem may be oxamined theoretically.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18057.
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
Indian industrialisation; multinational enterprises; international trade;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horst Herberg & Murray C. Kemp, 1969. "Some Implications of Variable Returns to Scale," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(3), pages 403-415, August.
- Broll, Udo & Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1985. "Developing Countries in Light of Intra-Trade," MPRA Paper 18046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Broll, Udo & Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1985. "International Division of Labour and Intra-Trade," MPRA Paper 18042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donges, Juergen B. & Juhl, Paulgeorg, 1978. "Deutsche Privatinvestitionen im Ausland: Export von Arbeitsplätzen?," Kiel Working Papers 81, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- George Norman & John Dunning, 1984. "Intra-industry foreign direct investment: Its rationale and trade effects," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 120(3), pages 522-540, September.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1988.
"Die Schweiz im Spannungsfeld der Welthandels- und Strukturanpassungsprobleme
[Switzerland in the area of conflict of world trade and structural adjustment problems]," MPRA Paper 21080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1987. "The role of intra-firm trade," MPRA Paper 18039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.