El ahorro privado de las familias y las pensiones públicas en Alemania y Estados Unidos:¿cumplimiento de la hipótesis del ciclo vital?
[Household private saving and public pensions in Germany and the United States:¿Does the life-cycle hypothesis hold?]
AbstractThis paper details how ageing is affecting to private saving and public pensions. In this way, it analyses if Life-Cycle Hypothesis is carrying out for individuals about their saving behaviours and if Pension Public Systems can make them to vary. For this reason, it establishes a specifically household saving comparative for Germany and Unites States, studying also their ageing evolution and pay capacity of public pension retirement.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18044.
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ICADE Review 02 12-7377.72(2007): pp. 391-416
life–cycle hypothesis; private saving; pension public system; ageing; Germany; United States;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tullio Jappelli & Franco Modigliani, 1998. "The Age-Saving Profile and the Life-Cycle Hypothesis," CSEF Working Papers 09, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Orazio Attanasio, 1997. "Consumption and saving behaviour: modelling recent trends," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 23-47, February.
- Montserrat Ferré Carracedo & Agustín García García & Julián Ramajo Hernández, . "Los Efectos De La Política Fiscal Sobre El Ahorro Privado: Evidencia Para La Ocde," Working Papers 3-04 Classification-JEL :, Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Martin Feldstein, 2001.
"The Future of Social Security Pensions in Europe,"
NBER Working Papers
8487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.