Impacto Económico del programa de Desarrollo Alternativo del Plan Colombia
[Economic Impact of Plan Colombia's Alternative Development Program]
AbstractOverall, the investment projects of Plan Colombia in its program Alternative Development as evaluated in this work, which are equivalent to a foreign capital inflow of US$ 1164.5 million (for about 4 years) may increase GDP by about 1.2 percentage points, and lead to an increase in employment of 0.9 percentage points. The effect is reflected in the increase in both rural and urban incomes and a small improvement in income distribution. However, there are appreciation pressures on the exchange change that may affect exports especially those coming from the agricultural and industrial unskilled labor intensive sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 17844.
Date of creation: 07 May 2001
Date of revision:
Plan Colombia; Migration; Computable General Equilibrium Models; Harris-Todaro model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995.
"International Wage Curves,"
in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 455-465, March.
- Blanchflower, D. & Oswald, A., 1989.
"The Wage Curve,"
340, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Prabhu L. Pingali, 1997. "From Subsistence to Commercial Production Systems: The Transformation of Asian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 628-634.
- Walsh, Frank, 1999. "A Multisector Model of Efficiency Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 351-76, April.
- C. Peter Timmer, 1997. "Farmers and Markets: The Political Economy of New Paradigms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 621-627.
- Fields, Gary S, 1982. "Place-to-Place Migration in Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 539-58, April.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J & Sanfey, Peter, 1996.
"Wages, Profits, and Rent-Sharing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 111(1), pages 227-51, February.
- Clara Patricia Martín & Juan Mauricio Ramírez, 2005. "El Impacto Económico De Un Acuerdo Parcial De Libre Comercio Entre Colombia Y Estados Unidos," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002512, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Diego Corredor & Oliver Enrique Pardo, 2008. "Matrices de Contabilidad Social 2003, 2004 y 2005," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÃA 004582, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Claudio R Karl, 2004. "How Can Tax Policies And Macroeconomic Shocks Affect The Poor? A Quantitative Assessment Using A Computable General Equilibrium Framework For Colombia," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.