Transporte público en Cartagena: ¿Qué factores determinan las preferencias de los usuarios?
[Public transportation in Cartagena: what factors determine user preferences? (in Spanish)]
AbstractThis document analizes the preferences of public transportation system users in Cartagena de Indias - Colombia. The research uses related variables on transportation modes chosen by people and some other characteristics of the people who make such decisions. The analysis allows us to understand the behavior of public urban transportation system users in the city of Cartagena, and shows us evidence about some probable reasons associated with new informal public transportation modes, which at this moment play an important role in the public transportation market in the city. The research uses binary choice probabilistic models (Probit) and primary information collected by a survey for system users.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1773.
Date of creation: Dec 2004
Date of revision: Feb 2005
Publication status: Published in Economía & Región No.3.Vol.2(2005): pp. 7-54
Preferences; public transportation system; Cartagena de Indias; Colombia; transportation modes; probabilistic models; Probit;
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Toro González & Jorge Luis Alvis Arrieta & William Arellano Cartagena, 2007. "Transporte público en Cartagena: ¿Qué factores determinan las preferencias de los usuarios?," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004300, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR.
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Irma Chaparro, 2002. "Evaluación del impacto socio económico del transporte urbano en la ciudad de Bogotá. El caso del sistema de transporte masivo, Transmilenio," DOCUMENTOS DE INVESTIGACION 002640, CEPAL NACIONES UNIDAS.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2001.
"Policy Implications and Analysis of the Determinants of Travel Mode Choice: An Application of Choice Experiments to Metropolitan Costa Rica,"
Working Papers in Economics
56, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2003. "Policy implications and analysis of the determinants of travel mode choice: an application of choice experiments to metropolitan Costa Rica," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 603-619, October.
- Candelaria Barrios Gonzalez & M? Angeles Martinez Navarro, 1998. "The demand for urban transport: An application of discrete choice model for Cadiz," ERSA conference papers ersa98p157, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.