¿Cuántos somos?. Una excursión por las estadísticas demográficas del Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE)
[How many are we? The Demographic Statistics of the Spanish national Statistics Institute (INE)]
AbstractThis paper draws attention to the internal consistency of the demographic statistics frequently used in applied work, population stocks and flows of births, deaths and net migration. We illustrate some inconsistencies found in these statistics provided by the Spanish central statistical office, INE (Instituto Nacional de Estadística). This puts a spot of scepticism in our demographic statistics. Population statistics are vital for any country. If we are not able to know “how many are we?”, we cannot know “how much we produce”. We try to be constructive, in the sense of trying to improve our statistical data bases, in fact this work has been possible thanks to the generosity of the INE, who offers freely to the general public a vast amount of statistical information through his web (http://www.ine.es).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 17583.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Population; census; demographic statistics;
Other versions of this item:
- Francisco José Goerlich Gisbert, 2007. "¿Cuántos Somos? Una Excursión Por Las Estadísticas Demográficas Del Instituto Nacional De Estadística (Ine)," Working Papers. Serie EC 2007-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goerlich Gisbert Francisco J. & Mas Ivars Matilde, 2008.
"Sobre el tamaño de las ciudades en España: Dos reflexiones y una regularidad empírica,"
201079, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Goerlich, Francisco José & Mas, Matilde, 2008. "Sobre el tamaño de las ciudades en España. Dos reflexiones y una regularidad empírica," MPRA Paper 15798, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Franch Auladell, Xavier & Marti-Henneberg, Jordi & Puig-Farré, Josep, 2013. "A spatial analysis of patterns of growth and concentration of population based on homogeneous population censuses: Spain (1877-2001)," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 25, pages 43-65.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.