Banking in India
AbstractThe article traces the development of banking in India since independence and raises certain issues relevant to the sector at the present juncture
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 17400.
Date of creation: May 2007
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Shawn Cole & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Banking Reform in India," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 1(1), pages 277-332.
- Montek S. Ahluwalia, 2002. "Economic Reforms in India Since 1991: Has Gradualism Worked?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 67-88, Summer.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2010.
"How did state-owned banks respond to privatization? Evidence from the Indian experiment,"
24716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saibal Ghosh, 2010. "How Did State-Owned Banks Respond To Privatization? Evidence From The Indian Experiment," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(3), pages 389-421, 09.
- Das, Abhiman & Ghosh, Saibal, 2007.
"Determinants of Credit Risk in Indian State-owned Banks: An Empirical Investigation,"
17301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A Das & S Ghosh, 2007. "Determinants of Credit Risk in Indian State-owned Banks: An Empirical Investigation," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 12(2), pages 27-46, September.
- Nachane, D M & Ray, Partha & Ghosh, Saibal, 2004. "The New Basel Capital Accord: A Primer with an Indian Focus," MPRA Paper 17397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nachane, D M & Ray, Partha & Ghosh, Saibal, 2005. "The new Basel capital accord: Rationale, design and tentative implications for India," MPRA Paper 17426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.