La tarification des retraits aux distributeurs automatiques bancaires, une revue de la littérature
[ATM withdrawal pricing, a survey of the literature]
AbstractWe summarize the literature dealing with the pricing of ATM withdrawals. We highlight the effects of the pricing scheme on the network size, on banks’ profits and on consumer surplus. We also examine two recent reforms that took place in Australia and in the United Kingdom in order to increase the efficiency of ATM networks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 16546.
Date of creation: 15 Jul 2009
Date of revision:
distributeurs automatiques bancaire; commission interbancaire; tarification; régulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy H. Hannan & Ron Borzekowski, 2006.
"Incompatibility and investment in ATM networks,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2006-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jocelyn Donze & Isabelle Dubec, 2003.
"The role of interchange fees in ATM networks,"
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2009.
"ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on welfare,"
15818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donze Jocelyn & Dubec Isabelle, 2011. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," TSE Working Papers 10-162, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," MPRA Paper 23176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mcandrews James J., 2003. "Automated Teller Machine Network Pricing - A Review of the Literature," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-13, June.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Rick Sullivan & Stuart E. Weiner, 2006. "A guide to the ATM and debit card industry - 2006 update," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2006agttaadci2.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010.
"The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 187-189, May.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market," MPRA Paper 10893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matutes, Carmen & Padilla, A. Jorge, 1994. "Shared ATM networks and banking competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1113-1138, May.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "Paying for ATM usage : good for consumers, bad for banks ?," MPRA Paper 10892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David B. Humphrey, 1994. "Delivering deposit services: ATMs versus branches," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 59-81.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Victor Stango, 2009. "HOW DOES INCOMPATIBILITY AFFECT PRICES?: EVIDENCE FROM ATM'S -super-* ," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 557-582, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.