Hypotekarna a financna kriza 2008: Priciny, opatrenia, dosledky
[The mortgage and financial crisis of 2008: Causes, measures taken, impacts]
AbstractThe 2008 financial crisis has its origins in the US real estate market. By means of purchases of US mortgage-backed securities it spread to the portfolios of financial companies everywhere in the world and it is making its way to the real economy. The measures to be taken include cutting interest rates, government loans to the most affected financial institutions and purchase of troubled assets. As a result of the crisis, we anticipate substantial changes to the mechanisms operating the world financial system, as well as government interventions in market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 16489.
Date of creation: Dec 2008
Date of revision:
subprime mortgage crisis; financial crisis; real estate market; crisis of confidence; banking system; United States;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008.
"Real Effects of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis: Is it a Demand or a Finance Shock?,"
IMF Working Papers
08/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "Real Effects of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis: Is it a Demand or a Finance Shock?," NBER Working Papers 14205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2008:i:may:p:171-192 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.