Electronic Payment Instruments use, as perceived by consumers in Macedonia
AbstractElectronic Payment Instruments in Macedonia are very used and spread evenly among the population, although compare to EU member countries their use is lagging behind. This paper represents findings about the customer behaviors toward e-commerce activities, use of electronic cards in Internet, at point of sales, and ATMs. The objective of this survey was to test the availability of Internet services to customers, the way they access Internet, the way they use EPI and EPS, and at the end to draw conclusions if they trust on e-businesses. The question to be answered is, what should be done to enhance the customer convenience: a) to increase the number of acceptance points, b) to increase the number of EPI in circulation, c) to have cheaper access in Internet, or d) to invest more in e-commerce applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 16080.
Date of creation: Mar 2009
Date of revision: 21 Mar 2009
Electronic Payment Instruments; customer survey; e-commerce; Internet services;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2009-07-11 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-MKT-2009-07-11 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Humphrey, David B & Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001.
"Realizing the Gains from Electronic Payments: Costs, Pricing, and Payment Choice,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 216-34, May.
- David Humphrey & Moshe Kim & Bent Vale, 1998. "Realizing the gains from electronic payments: costs, pricing, and payment choice," Proceedings 586, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Abdullai, Besim, 2009. "The EPS as an e-commerce enabler: The Macedonian perspective," MPRA Paper 13996, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Mar 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.