Mending the Meltdown: Fending off the Interventions and Resurrecting the Market
AbstractThis paper gives an Austrian economics answer to the present world economic crisis. It uses the Austrian Business Cycle Theory to analyze the root causes of this crisis and then presents the real solution of this problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15693.
Date of creation: 31 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The India Economy Review Quaterly Issue: 31st December 2008.V(2008): pp. 38-44
Austrian Business Cycle Theory; ABCT; Gold Standard; Commodity money; Federal Reserve; Fractional Reserve Banking; Business Cycle; Time preference; Keynes; Economic meltdown; Financial crisis; Ludwig von Mises; Rothbard; Hazlitt;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter DiIorio & Walter E. Block, 2012. "And … it's gone: the economics of South Park's Margarita (housing bubble) episode," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 76-84, February.
- Walter Block, 2011. "Destined For Failure: American Prosperity In The Age Of Bailouts," Journal of Information Systems & Operations Management, Romanian-American University, vol. 6(1), pages 189-216, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.