Do foreign-owned firms pay more?
AbstractThis paper uses Indonesian data to analyze the impact of foreign ownership on wages. After controlling for worker and firm characteristics, we find that foreign firms pay a wage premium, which is larger for skilled relative to unskilled workers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15637.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
wages; foreign investment; multinational corporations; Indonesia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Currie, Janet & Harrison, Ann E, 1997. "Sharing the Costs: The Impact of Trade Reform on Capital and Labor in Morocco," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages S44-71, July.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Rijkers, Bob & Waxman, Andrew, 2011. "Ladies first ? firm-level evidence on the labor impacts of the East Asian crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5789, The World Bank.
- Hartmut Egger & Udo Kreickemeier, 2013.
"Why Foreign Ownership May Be Good For You,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(2), pages 693-716, 05.
- Egger, Hartmut & Kreickemeier, Udo, 2011. "Why foreign ownership may be good for you," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 19, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Hartmut Egger & Udo Kreickemeier, 2011. "Why Foreign Ownership May be Good for You," CESifo Working Paper Series 3631, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.