Estimaciones alternativas del PIB potencial en la República Dominicana
[Alternative methods to estimate the potential GDP of the Dominican Republic]
AbstractIn this paper we apply different methods to calculate the potential output of the Dominican Republic. The estimates were made using two data sets. First, we use a quarterly data set covering the period 1980-2006 and then an annual data set for the period 1950-2006 is used. The results of the estimates for each method are compared based on growth rates and generate correlations between them. Growth rates are similar and found a high correlation between the different methods used. For the period 1950-2006 the country's potential output was around 4.8%, while for the period 1980-2006 it was around 4.0%. Additionally, these results allow for calculation the gap between actual and potential output.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15614.
Date of creation: 29 Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2003.
"The Band Pass Filter,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(2), pages 435-465, 05.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1999. "The Band pass filter," Working Paper 9906, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Tom Doan, . "CFFILTER: RATS procedure to perform band pass filter using Christiano-Fitzgerald method," Statistical Software Components RTS00034, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1999. "The Band Pass Filter," NBER Working Papers 7257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995.
"Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series,"
NBER Working Papers
5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999. "Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Cruz Rodriguez, Alexis, 2008. "A Phillips curve to the Dominican Republic," MPRA Paper 15158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco, Ramirez, 2011.
"Modelos de Estimación de la Brecha de Producto: Aplicación al PIB de la República Dominicana
[Models for Estimating the Output Gap: Application to the GDP of Dominican Republic]," MPRA Paper 38886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.