Predicting real GDP per capita in France, Germany, New Zealand, and the UK
AbstractThe growth rate of real GDP per capita is modelled and predicted at various time horizons for France, Germany, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. The rate of growth is represented by a sum of two components – a monotonically decreasing trend and fluctuations related to the change in country-specific age population. The trend is an inverse function of real GDP per capita with constant numerator. Similar analysis was conducted for the USA and Japan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15503.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2009
Date of revision:
real GDP per capita; modelling; prediction; population;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-17 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kitov, Ivan, 2006.
"Real GDP per capita in developed countries,"
2738, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kitov, Ivan & Kitov, Oleg & Dolinskaya, Svetlana, 2007.
"Modelling real GDP per capita in the USA: cointegration test,"
2739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan O. KITOV & Oleg I. KITOV & Svetlana A. DOLINSKAYA, 2009. "Modelling Real Gdp Per Capita In The Usa:Cointegration Tests," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(1(7)_ Spr).
- Ivan O. Kitov & Oleg I. Kitov & Svetlana A. Dolinskaya, 2008. "Modelling real GDP per capita in the USA: cointegration test," Papers 0811.0490, arXiv.org.
- Ivan Kitov & Oleg Kitov & Svetlana Dolinskaya, 2007. "Modeling Real GDP Per Capita in the USA: Cointegration Test," Mechonomics mechanomics1, Socionet.
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2009.
"Does economics need a scientific revolution?,"
- Ivan Kitov, 2007.
"The Japanese Economy,"
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2008.
"GDP growth rate and population,"
- Kitov, Ivan & Kitov, Oleg & Dolinskaya, Svetlana, 2008. "Comprehensive macro-model for the U.S. economy," MPRA Paper 9808, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.