The Relative Decline of Agriculture in China
AbstractThis paper attempts to determine the impacts of three major factors: (a) price changes, (b) factor endowment changes, and (c) technological change on the relative decline of agriculture in China. However, the results suggest that only the price ratio has significant and positive impact on agriculture’s GDP share in China. Nevertheless, the variable of the price ratio explains the model well with about 99 percent of R2 value. The irrelatedness of other variables may require further investigation and explanation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15057.
Date of creation: 29 Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Relative decline; agriculture; price ratio;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2009-05-09 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Will & Warr, Peter G, 1993. "Explaining the Relative Decline of Agriculture: A Supply-Side Analysis for Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 381-401, September.
- Ling Sun & Lilyan E. Fulginiti & E. Wesley & F. Peterson, 2007.
"Accounting for agricultural decline with economic growth in Taiwan,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 181-190, 03.
- Ling Sun & Lilyan E. Fulginiti & E. Wesley Peterson, 2005. "Accounting for Agricultural Decline with Economic Growth in Taiwan," Development and Comp Systems 0502022, EconWPA.
- Ulrich R. Kohli, 1978. "A Gross National Product Function and the Derived Demand for Imports and Supply of Exports," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(2), pages 167-82, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.