Advertising Styles’ Impact on Attention in Pakistan
AbstractThe topic was selected after giving consideration to the modern environment and the use of media by advertisers for attention purposes of their products. It was also observed that the number of channels especially in the electronic media have also geometrically increased over the last two decades. It is now becoming difficult for advertisers to get the attention of their products in the minds of their viewers. The methodology used in the research was focus group and ads of different products were shown to them which included humorous and serious appeals. As the literature review revealed that these two types of appeals have significant difference when measuring attention between humorous and serious advertisements. At the end of the research it was established that there is a significant difference between the attention of humorous and serious appeals. Initially the idea was taken form a research conducted in Sweden. Same parameters were analyzed in Pakistan. We concluded that the reaction of two different societies have almost the same response for humorous and serious advertising appeals.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15005.
Date of creation: 31 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Humorous Appeals; Serious Appeals; Attention;
Other versions of this item:
- Kashif Riaz & Syed Karamatullah Hussainy & Abdul Kabeer Kazi & Gobind M. Herani, 2008. "Advertising Styles’ Impact on Attention in Pakistan," KASBIT Journal of Management & Social Science, Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), vol. 1, pages 28-35, December.
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2009-05-09 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-05-09 (Marketing)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niazi, Ghulam Shabbir Khan & Siddiqui, Javaria & Shah, Burhan Ali & Hunjra, Ahmed Imran, 2011. "Effective advertising and its influence on consumer buying behavior," MPRA Paper 40689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.