Location decision for foreign direct investment in ASEAN countries (A TOPSIS Approach)
AbstractTOPSIS approach is applied to select the most suitable ASEAN countries for attracting FDI inflows. The proposed approach also provides a relatively simple tool for this strategic decision making problem. Within the model, ten indicators are defined as determinants of FDI inflows. By using TOPSIS method, the capacity and attraction of ASEAN countries is evaluated and given final rank for period 2000-2005. Results indicate that Singapore is the most attractive for investment among ASEAN countries while ranking of some countries have changed during these years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15000.
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Foreign direct investment; ASEAN; Ranking; TOPSIS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investors in Three Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 8084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Globerman & Daniel M Shapiro, 1999. "The Impact of Government Policies on Foreign Direct Investment: The Canadian Experience," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(3), pages 513-532, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.