[IMF Financing Systems-Based on the Cases of Iceland, Ukraine, Latvia, and Hungary]
AbstractThis paper analyzes mainly three issues regarding IMF functions: (1) IMF Financilg systems, (2) Changes in IMF conditionality since the East Asian crisis of 1997-98 and in the midst of the recent global financial crisis, and (3) IMF lending ability. In particular, this paper describes how the conditionality has been adjusted in reponse to strong criticim by the international community made after the East Asian crisis. Also, a detailed comparison is made between the East Asian crisis and the current crises in Iceland, Ukraine, Lativia and Hungary, with respect to IMf-supported problems and conditionality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 14723.
Date of creation: 02 Mar 2009
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baig, Taimur & Goldfajn, Ilan, 2002.
"Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises: The Case of Asia,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 92-112, February.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Taimur Baig, 1999. "Monetary policy in the aftermath of currency crisis: the case of Asia," Textos para discussÃ£o 399, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Robert Dekle & Cheng Hsiao & Siyan Wang, 1999. "Interest rate stabilization of exchange rates and contagion in the Asian crisis countries," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Miguel de las Casas & Xavier Serra, 2008. "Simplification of IMF lending. Why not just one flexible credit facility?," Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers 0806, Banco de Espa�a.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.