Existe um Institucionalismo? Caminhos para uma teoria económica satisfatória
[There is one institutionalism? Pathways to a satisfactory economic theory]
AbstractThe essay will try to debate about the institutional theory, confronting the emergence of institutionalism with the limits of neoclassical theory. The initial old institutionalism and the new institutionalism ideas will be discussed trying to underline what distinguishes the ideas of Coase and Williamson from other approaches that tried to export the economic theory and its methodological individualism, a movement that became known as the imperialism of economics, a transposition of methods and microeconomic analysis, to subjects not commonly analyzed by economics, as the ones served as the basis for the work of Becker. In the end it will try to touch on whether the old theory and new institutionalism are converging or diverging towards a new institutionalism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13512.
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Institutions; Old institutionalism; New institutionalism; Neoclassical Theory;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2009-02-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2009-02-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon, Herbert A, 1986. "Rationality in Psychology and Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S209-24, October.
- G. Hodgson., 2007. "What Are Institutions?," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-19, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.