An overview of the new architecture for the international monetary system
AbstractThe new architecture of the international monetary-financial system is determined by the evolution of the economics, socials, culture and contemporary policies. The reorganization of the monetary-financial system’s institutional and functional formulas is not possible against trimming the intervention according to all the attempts regarding defining the new equation of the global equilibrium. The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank represent only a parcel of the institutional system with universal vocation. Its role is to watch over the monetary-financial dimension and it has direct responsibilities regarding formulating certain policies and coherent strategies meant to assure the general monetary and the global financial equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13366.
Date of creation: 18 Mar 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Scientific Bulletin of Naval Academy 'Mircea cel Batran' ISSN 1454 - 864X.1(2007): pp. 403-409
monetary system; financial system; global economy; International Monetary Fund;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Aglietta, 2000. "The International Monetary Fund and the International Financial Architecture," Working Papers 2000-08, CEPII research center.
- Russell S. Boyer & Warren Young, 2005. "Mundell's International Economics: Adaptations and Debates," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(si), pages 10.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.