Migrationsbezogene Verbleibs- und Rückkehrabsichten im SOEP
[Migration related intentions to stay and return in SOEP dataset]
AbstractMigration related intentions to stay in Germany or return to home country are conceptualized in different contexts in research on migration and integration. With the German Socio-economic Panel dataset (SOEP) provided by the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW) it is possible to undertake comprehensive longitudinal and cross-sectional studies on this topic. The paper describes which variables are included in the SOEP concerning this matter, identifies some constraints of the information provided and shows an exemplary analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13240.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Migration; Integration; Identifikative Assimilation; Rückkehrabsichten; Verbleibsabsichten; SOEP;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2009-12-05 (German Papers)
- NEP-MIG-2009-12-05 (Economics of Human Migration)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joachim R. Frick & Olaf Groh-Samberg & Henning Lohmann, 2008. "Biography and Life History Data in the German Socio Economic Panel: (Up to Wave X, 2007)," Data Documentation 36, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.