Know-how disclosure and incomplete contracts
AbstractWhen two parties invest in human capital and at the same time decide on know-how disclosure it can be shown that joint ownership with veto power is the optimal ownership structure, given that only incomplete contracts can be written.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12533.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Incomplete contracts; Know-how disclosure; Joint ownership;
Other versions of this item:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Che, Y.K. & Hausch, D.B., 1997.
"Cooperative Investments and the Value of Contracting,"
9714, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Donald B. Hausch & Yeon-Koo Che, 1999. "Cooperative Investments and the Value of Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 125-147, March.
- D'Aspremont, C. & Bhattacharya, S. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1995.
"Bargaining and Sharing Knowledge,"
95a43, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- d’ASPREMONT, Claude & BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & GERARD-VARET , Louis-André, 1996. "Bargaining and Sharing Knowledge," CORE Discussion Papers 1996012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & L-A Gérard-Varet & Claude d'Aspremont, 1996. "Bargaining and Sharing Knowledge," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 293, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Gandal, N. & Scotchmer, S., 1989.
"Coordinating Research Through Research Joint Ventures,"
e-89-27, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Gandal, Neil & Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1993. "Coordinating research through research joint ventures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 173-193, June.
- Gandal, N. & Scotchmen, S., 1991. "Coordinating Research Through Research Joint Ventures," Papers 6-91, Tel Aviv.
- Bhattacharya, S. & Glazer, J. & Sappington, D., 1991.
"Licensing and the Sharing of Knowledge in Research Joint Ventures,"
9120, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Glazer, Jacob & Sappington, David E. M., 1992. "Licensing and the sharing of knowledge in research joint ventures," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 43-69, February.
- Bhattacharya, S. & Glazer, J. & Sappington, D., 1991. "Licensing and the Sharing of Knowledge in Research Joint Ventures," Discussion Paper 1991-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- David De Meza & Ben Lockwood, 1998. "Does Asset Ownership Always Motivate Managers? Outside Options And The Property Rights Theory Of The Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 361-386, May.
- Maija Halonen, 1995. "Reputation and Allocation of Ownership," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 289, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1119-58, December.
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990. "Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm," Scholarly Articles 3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1988. "Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm," Working papers 495, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Moore, John, 1992. "The firm as a collection of assets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 493-507, April.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.