ICT in Czech companies: business efficiency potentials to be achieved
AbstractThe paper deals with business potential analysis based on the data published by Czech Statistic Authority (SÚ). It shows that the infrastructure state of the art even in small Czech companies enables to expand ERP and CRM systems, trading over Internet, Supply Chain Management and other new trends. Internet security is here of greatest importance, however it cannot be seen as major obstacle for new trading methods. The greatest challenge identified is the process and workflow optimization. To streamline workflow the document management supporting nearly seamless integration crossover the functional areas is of greatest importance. Moreover, process optimization can run into difficulties due to cross-organization functionalities of new IT architecture concepts like Service Oriented Architecture, WEB2 concepts and other methods and means. In this paper the value flow approach is shortly mentioned as an alternative to process modeling and workflow approach. Value oriented methods can overcome the process oriented approach limitations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11628.
Date of creation: 22 Aug 2008
Date of revision:
ICT infrastructure; Business processes; Process modeling; Document management; Value chains; Business semantics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2008-11-25 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-ORE-2008-11-25 (Operations Research)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.