Selbständige in der EU: Einige Anmerkungen zu den Problemen ihrer sozialen Absicherung
AbstractThe aim of the paper is to point to some emerging problems concering the social security of the self-employed. There is a call for action related to the social security systems of the single states and the intergovernmental coordination. In this context the point of view of the European Commission is of special interest and therefore special attention is paid to this matter in the paper. The short survey shows, that there are special aspects which have to be considered to derive some options for social policy measures, which are the result of inter alia 1. the different principles of taxes within the member states, 2. the cross-border production of goods and services, 3. the relocation of self-employed people between the member states and 4. the change of the working status, e. g. the change from dependent employee to selfemployed person et vice versa. Further the analysis elucidates, that the priority of the employment policy in respect to social policy within the EU-context has to be taken into consideration for all proposed reforms and that the European Institutions will carefully keep an eye on the guarantee of the four rights of freedom and that no measure will thwart the competition policies and employment policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1129.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Fachinger, Uwe, 2003. "Selbständige in der EU: Einige Anmerkungen zu den Problemen ihrer sozialen Absicherung," Working papers of the ZeS 01/2003, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dräther, Hendrik & Fachinger, Uwe & Oelschläger, Angelika, 2001.
"Selbständige und ihre Altersvorsorge: Möglichkeiten der Analyse anhand der Mikrozensen und erste Ergebnisse,"
1130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dräther, Hendrik & Fachinger, Uwe & Oelschläger, Angelika, 2001. "Selbständige und ihre Altersvorsorge: Möglichkeiten der Analyse anhand der Mikrozensen und erste Ergebnisse," Working papers of the ZeS 01/2001, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Isabelle Joumard, 2001.
"Tax Systems in European Union Countries,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
301, OECD Publishing.
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin, 2007. "Self-employment and social risk management: Comparing Germany and the United Kingdom," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2007-103, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin & Schmidt, Claudia, 2006. "Own-account workers in Europe: Flexible, mobile, and often inadequately insured," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2006-122, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin & Schmidt, Claudia, 2005. "Mobilität der Solo-Selbständigen im europäischen Vergleich (The employment status mobility of the solo-self-employed and their social protection in a European comparison)," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 38(4), pages 531-553.
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2012.
"Unternehmertum: Unterschiedliche Facetten selbstständiger Berufstätigkeit
[Entrepreneurship: Diverse aspects of self-employment]," MPRA Paper 51459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schulze Buschoff, Karin & Protsch, Paula, 2007. "Die soziale Sicherung von (a-)typisch Beschäftigten im europäischen Vergleich," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2007-105, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:38:i:4:p:531-553 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.