Sistemas de Gestão. Contabilidade e Finanças: Gestão Pública
[Management Systems. Assounting and finance: Public Management]
AbstractTraditionally the differences between the organizations of the public property sector and those of the private one are pointed out. In addition to the classic failures on both of these productive sectors, based on the organizational “500 Maiores e Melhores” operating in Portugal that are divergent in resources, in the present work any substantial differences amongst these sectors’ organizations have been found. Regarding the subject to the models of management, the present study corroborate some of the certification principles, quality, but it validates the activity exploration not by bureaucratic model, by “results” or political-administrative. The present results point out the Management inside in the public sector, economic or administrative, and show in certified organizations a higher profitability than in the non-certified organizations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11009.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2005
Date of revision:
property sector; quality; accounting instruments; public management; strategy management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.