Equilibrium Price Distribution with Directed Technical Change
AbstractThis paper studies a non-degenerate price distribution for the homogeneous good within a model of endogenous directed technical change. A probability density function is analytically derived and shown to be related to the technology and innovation parameters of the model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto in its series FEP Working Papers with number 327.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2009
Date of revision:
price distribution; directed technical change; scale effects; labour endowment;
Other versions of this item:
- Gil, Pedro Mazeda & Figueiredo, Fernanda & Afonso, Oscar, 2010. "Equilibrium price distribution with directed technical change," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 130-133, August.
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Perfect Competition
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1998.
660, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilbotti, 1999. "Productivity Differences," NBER Working Papers 6879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2000. "Productivity Differences," CEPR Discussion Papers 2498, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acemoglu, D. & Zilibotti, F., 1998. "Productivity Differences," Papers 660, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Kultti, Klaus & Virrankoski, Juha, 2004. "Price distribution in a random matching model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 405-409, June.
- Kultti Klaus & Virrankoski Juha, 2003. "Price Distribution in a Symmetric Economy," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Elias Dinopoulos & Peter Thompson, 1999. "Scale effects in Schumpeterian models of economic growth," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 157-185.
- McAfee R. Preston, 1995. "Multiproduct Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 83-105, October.
- Carlson, John A & McAfee, R Preston, 1983. "Discrete Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 480-93, June.
- Jones, Charles I, 1995. "Time Series Tests of Endogenous Growth Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 495-525, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.