Characteristics of the Workers in the Urban InformalSector of Pakistan
AbstractThe urban informal sector of Pakistan is both large and growing rapidly, covering host of different activities. To understand the development-oriented and job-promoting character of the informal sector, it is useful to have knowledge about the characteristics of self-employed, who manage and promote this sector. This report analyses the basic characteristics of self-employed and the factors, which influence their decision to start an informal sector enterprise. The knowledge about the characteristics and the factors contributing in decision-making has been utilized by this report to suggest a set of policies to policy-makers who wants to work out a programme of self-employment promotion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Pakistan Institute of Development Economics in its series PIDE-Working Papers with number 1998:160.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ayaz Ahmed, 1998. "Stock Market Interl inkages in Emerging Markets," PIDE-Working Papers 1998:159, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Irfan, 2010. "A Review of the Labour Market Research at PIDE 1957-2009," PIDE Books, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, number 2010:1 edited by Rashid Amjad & Aurangzeb A. Hashmi.
- Mohammad, Irfan, 1999. "Rural non-farm sector in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 38152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zafar Mahmood, 1998. "A Social Sector Strategy for Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 1998:163, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Sarfraz Khan Qureshi & Musleh-ud Din & Ejaz Ghani & Kalbe Abbas & Masood Ishfaq Ahmad & Akhtiar Hussain Shah, 1998. "Economic Performance, Cost Structure,and Programme Placement of Bank Branches in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 1998:165, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.