Credit Unions: An Underrated Mode of Mobilizing and Allocating Resources in Rural Areas
AbstractIn its attempt to contribute to the understanding of the behavior of one segment of the cooperative movement, this paper analyzes the performance of the cooperative credit union (CCU) system in rural areas. While CCU is the most successful of all types of cooperatives, its role in the financial markets has not yet been fully understood nor appreciated. This paper also examines the saving and borrowing patterns of the CCU members by focusing in CCUs located in the provinces of Batangas, Laguna and Pangasinan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Working Papers with number WP 1990-21.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
credit program; rural sector; credit market; resource mobilization; credit access; resource management;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manlagnit, Ma. Chelo V., 2004. "In-depth Analysis on the Access to and Suitability of the Loans," Discussion Papers DP 2004-05, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte MB, 1995. "Credit unions as channels of micro-credit lines : The Pilippine case," ILO Working Papers 312713, International Labour Organization.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Manlagnit, Ma. Chelo V., 2003. "Integrating Gender Perspectives in Evaluating the Efficiency of COFI: The Case of Credit Cooperatives in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2003-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B., 1995. "Credit Unions as Channels of Micro-Credit Lines: The Philippine Case," Discussion Papers DP 1995-25, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- repec:phd:rpseri:rps_1998-01 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.