The Philippine Industrial Sector: Policies, Programs and Performance
AbstractShortly after the assumption of President Aquino to the office, the government has instituted a wide-ranging set of sociopolitical and economic reforms. This paper evaluates the ongoing program of industrial restructuring and development in the Philippines. Preliminary to its purpose, it reviews the major developments during the 1970s and 1980s. The discussion of the performance of the industry as well as changes in the industrial structure serves as the point of departure for the subsequent assessment of trade and industrial policy reforms and programs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Working Papers with number WP 1990-18.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
industry sector; industrial policies; industrial growth; industrial waste;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herrin, Alejandro N. & Pernia, Ernesto M., 1986. "Factors Affecting the Choice of Location: A Survey of Foreign and Local Firms in the Philippines," Working Papers WP 1986-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Manasan, Rosario G., 1988. "A Review of Investment Incentives in ASEAN Countries," Working Papers WP 1988-27, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Yap, Josef T. & Medalla, Erlinda M. & Manasan, Rosario G. & Untalan, Teodoro S., 1989. "A Study of the Export Financing System in the Philippines," Working Papers WP 1989-12, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Remolona, Eli M. & Mangahas, Mahar & Pante, Filologo Jr., 1986. "Foreign debt, balance of payments, and the economic crisis of the Philippines in 1983-1984," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 993-1018, August.
- repec:phd:rpseri:rps_1994-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Macasaquit, Mari-Len R., 2008. "Industrial Agglomeration in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2008-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- repec:phd:rpseri:rps_1994-07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ma. Teresa S. DueÃƒÂ±as-Caparas, 2006. "Determinants of Export Performance in the Philippine Manufacturing Sector," Microeconomics Working Papers 22042, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.