Research and Development and Technology in the Philippines
AbstractResearch and development (R&D) and technology are analyzed from the perspective of Philippine economic growth in the paper. It examines the productivity performance of the economy and analyzes how it has been affected by developments in R&D and technology. General R&D and technology policies and institutional structure and arrangements are examined. National, as well as specific sectoral gaps are identified, while weaknesses in institutional arrangements are highlighted. Insights for policy are derived from the analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Discussion Papers with number DP 2002-23.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
technology; research and development (R&D);
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Austria, Myrna S., 1998. "Productivity Growth in the Philippines After the Industrial Reforms," Discussion Papers DP 1998-26, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
- Halos, Saturnina C., 1999. "Agriculture Technology Acquisition, Development and Dissemination in the Private Sector," Discussion Papers DP 1999-18, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Macapanpan, Tristan, 1999. "Private Sector Activities on Research and Development," Discussion Papers DP 1999-19, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Israel, Danilo C., 1999. "Research and Development in the Philippine Fisheries Sector," Discussion Papers DP 1999-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Nolasco, Liberty, 1999. "Identifying Areas of Support in Research and Development for the Manufacturing Sector," Discussion Papers DP 1999-27, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.