Shrimp Price and Quality Changes in the Asia Pacific: Implications for the Philippines
AbstractThis paper represents an attempt to begin developing the use of a set of hedonic price indexes (HPIs) that account for quality changes in the shrimp industry in the Asia Pacific. Some implications and opportunities for the Philippines are presented to provide a starting point for future research directions. In particular, this paper aims to investigate the changes in price-quality relationships through time. Such changes are determined by the three main factors, such as changes in product quality, changes in the general price level (inflation) and changes in quality-constant relative product price.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Discussion Papers with number DP 2000-11.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim J. Coelli & J. Lloyd‐Smith & D. Morrison & J. Thomas, 1991.
"Hedonic Pricing For A Cost Benefit Analysis Of A Public Water Supply Scheme,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 35(1), pages 1-20, 04.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Lloyd-Smith, J. & Morrison, D. & Thomas, J., 1991. "Hedonic Pricing For A Cost Benefit Analysis Of A Public Water Supply Scheme," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 35(01), April.
- Feenstra, R.C., 1995.
"Exact Hedonic Price Indexes,"
Papers, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs
95-11, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1995. "Exact Hedonic Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 5061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, R.C., 1995. "Exact Hedonic Price Indexes," Department of Economics, California Davis - Department of Economics 95-11, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1980. "Alternative Techniques for Developing Real Estate Price Indexes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 442-48, August.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.