Competitive Equilibrium with Incomplete Financial Markets
AbstractThis is my classic paper, written in early 1984, concerning existence and optimality in general financial equilibrium with incomplete markets for nominal assets, just now being published in a special issue of the Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania in its series PIER Working Paper Archive with number 06-010.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jun 2006
Date of revision:
financial equilibrium; incomplete markets; Cass trick;
Other versions of this item:
- Cass, David, 2006. "Competitive equilibrium with incomplete financial markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4-5), pages 384-405, August.
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-17 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HPE-2006-06-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Oliver D., 1975. "On the optimality of equilibrium when the market structure is incomplete," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 418-443, December.
- Radner, Roy, 1972. "Existence of Equilibrium of Plans, Prices, and Price Expectations in a Sequence of Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 40(2), pages 289-303, March.
- Grossman, Sanford J., 1977. "A characterization of the optimality of equilibrium in incomplete markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Cass, David & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "The structure of investor preferences and asset returns, and separability in portfolio allocation: A contribution to the pure theory of mutual funds," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 122-160, June.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dolly Guarini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.