Agriculture in WTO July Package: Issues and Concerns for Bangladesh
AbstractThis paper reviews the state of negotiations as regards agriculture and the developments in the context of the July Package. The paper also brings out the major points of contentions and analyses possible impacts of various negotiating proposals for Bangladesh’s agricultural sector and its economy. Moreover, the paper comes up with possible strategies for Bangladesh in view of the ongoing negotiations on agriculture in the WTO.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) in its series CPD Working Paper with number 53.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2005
Date of revision:
WTO-General Council; Agriculture; July Package; Bangladesh;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-12-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2005-12-09 (International Trade)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Kazi Mahmudur Rahman, 2006. "Proposed Changed to WTO Special and Differential Treatment Provisions: An Analysis from the Perspective of Asian LDCs," Working Papers 1306, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Avra Bhattacharjee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.