Poverty Alleviation Through Agriculture and Rural Development in Bangladesh
AbstractThis paper was prepared as part of CPD's ongoing agricultural policy research and advocacy activities with IRRI under the PETRRA project. It provides an overview of the progress made so far in agricultural, rural development and poverty reduction. It discusses the role of agriculture in poverty reduction in Bangladesh. It documents major challenges in further reduction of poverty in Bangladesh and opportunities for addressing the challenges.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) in its series CPD Working Paper with number 39.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Poverty; Poverty alleviation; Agriculture; Rural Development; Bangladesh;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sen, Binayak, 2003. "Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 513-534, March.
- Shahabuddin, Quazi & Dorosh, Paul A., 2002.
"Comparative advantage in Bangladesh crop production,"
MTID discussion papers
47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shahabuddin, Quazi & Dorosh, Paul A., 2002. "Comparative advantage in Bangladesh crop production," MSSD discussion papers 47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mottaleb, Khondoker Abdul, 2008. "Rural Craftsmanship, Employment Creation and Poverty Alleviation: The Case of the Bamboo Craftsmanship in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 9616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Avra Bhattacharjee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.