Agricultural Trade between Bangladesh and India: An Analysis of Trends, Trading Patterns and Determinants
AbstractThe paper analyses the indices of trends and patterns of India-Bangladesh bilateral agriculture trade, and estimates the short and long-run elasticities of the determinants of this trade by using descriptive statistics and econometric estimations. It has come up with a number of policy recommendations to stimulate and promote agricultural trade between the two countries, particularly in view of the recent offer of duty-free market access by India to Bangladesh.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) in its series CPD-CMI Working Paper with number 3.
Length: 63 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2012
Date of revision:
Bangladesh's agricultural trade with India; global agricultural trade; agricultural trade policies in Bangladesh and India; SAFTA;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164, September.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Towfiqul Islam Khan & Ashiqun Nabi & Tapas Kumar Paul, 2010.
"Bangladesh's Export Opportunities in the Indian Market: Addressing Barriers and Strategies for Future,"
CPD Working Paper
90, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Mustafizur Rahman & Towfiqul Islam Khan & Ashiqun Nabi & Tapas Kumar Paul, 2010. "Bangladesh's Export Opportunities in the Indian Market : Addressing Barriers and Strategies for Future," Trade Working Papers 23060, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Parakrama Samaratunga & Kamal Marunagoda & Manoj Thibbotuwawa, 2007. "Mapping and analaysis of the South Asian agricultural trade liberalization efforts," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 33-74 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Hoque, Mohammad Monjurul & Yusop, Zulkornain, 2010. "Impacts of trade liberalisation on aggregate import in Bangladesh: An ARDL Bounds test approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 37-52, February.
- Bardsen, Gunnar, 1989. "Estimation of Long Run Coefficients in Error Correction Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(3), pages 345-50, August.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Iman Sugema, 2005. "The Determinants of Trade Balance and Adjustment to the Crisis in Indonesia," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-08, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Japanese aggregate import demand function: reassessment from the 'bounds' testing approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 419-436, December.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2005. "The saving and investment nexus for China: evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1979-1990.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Avra Bhattacharjee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.